NEW EBENEZER BAPTIST CHURCH was founded in 1910. Services were held at the home
of Sis. Louvenia Getters. The first pastor, Reverend Ransom Jumper, was a faithful leader for two years. Under
his leadership the church moved into its first building, formally owned by Ebenezer Lutheran Church. NEBC
worshiped at this location for 12 years. In 1920, Rev. J. G. Green became the third pastor of the church. Under
his great leadership, the congregation grew exponentially, allowing NEBC the ability to purchase its first
property. From 1931 to 1956, Reverend A. L. Peterson faithfully pastored the church. During his tenure, NEBC
was blessed with a new sanctuary. The current sanctuary was erected under the pastorate of Reverend W. M. Fair, who
served faithfully for 22 years.
Over the years, seven pastors have shepherded this flock. In 1989, Dr. Michael Ross
became the seventh pastor of NEBC. Under his anointed leadership, NEBC has become a beacon in this community. God has
continued throughout many years to bless NEBC tremendously. Many souls have been saved and added to the fold. Old
ministries have been strengthened and revitalized while many new ministries have been implemented. We are proud to be a
church that reaches out to the community, sharing the love of Jesus Christ. We hope that NEBC will continue to serve
God through serving the least among us; more importantly, continue to draw men and women out of darkness into the marvelous
light of God's salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.